An employee of ECS Mid-Atlantic was spotted at the former McGinness Airport this afternoon. A backhoe was also present, and its operator was excavating the ground into shallow "mini-crop circles" at various locations.
In February, Columbia Borough contracted with ECS for "geotechnical services" at a cost of $24,500, and "environmental services" at $66,285. (The borough also hired ELA Group for "site analysis/master planning" at a cost of $54,000.) The total cost of this testing will weigh in at about $144,000, whether or not the borough purchases the property. The purchase price is expected to be about $1,495,000.
The timeline presented by the borough is as follows:
- September & October 2020 – Borough & Trustees review proposed sales agreement
- October 13, 2020 – Approval of Contract with GAVIN
- February 23, 2021 – Approval to contract with ELA & ECS for Due Diligence preparation
- May 2021 – Complete Due Diligence process
- June 2021 – Final Determination to purchase property
- July 2021 – If approved, purchase land and begin development process
- Technology & Innovation Park
- Light Industrial