Below are some of the statistics for the Columbia Borough Police Department for 2018.
- The Columbia Borough Police Department handled 14,127 (Approx. 3% increase over 2017) calls through Lancaster County Wide Communications. Columbia Borough ranks as the 7th busiest police department in Lancaster County out of 29 police departments dispatched by Lancaster County Wide Communications.
- Out of the top 15 most dispatched police units in the county, Columbia Borough had two units in this group. They were ranked 11th and 13th.
- There was 3,157 calls directly into the Columbia Borough Police Station during hours a civilian service aide (CSA) was on duty to answer calls. This is down from last year as there is no longer a full time CSA on in the evenings.
- 11,901 parking tickets issued
- 755 traffic citations issued or filed
- 154 non-traffic citations issued or filed
- 263 criminal charges completed (this number does not reflect PFA violations filed or juvenile allegations completed)
- 257 accident reports completed
· Officers also assisted with many public safety and awareness events, volunteered in town, read books to children in the schools and at the public library, assisted with the Marine Corps League Toys for Tots program and participated in other events in and out of town.
The employees of the Columbia Borough Police Department would like to thank the citizens, businesses, as well as the visitors of Columbia Borough for the continued support of their police department.
Additional statistics for the county can be found at the following link.