A new mural was installed this morning on the back of the former Jack Horner building at 301 Locust Street. The 10' x 20' mural was designed by Columbia artist Jerry Musser and is based on a 1726 Columbia National Bank note. Musser's wife, Janette, and Ophelia Chambliss, painted the design on pieces of fabric at another location before bringing it to the installation site. The finished mural was then fastened to the building's surface. The undertaking, which was carried out by the artists and lift operator Flaco, took several hours to complete.
Flaco gives a thumbs for the successful completion of the project.