Columbia Trolley Works trolley
[Columbia Spy file photo]
At Monday's meeting, Columbia Borough Council unanimously approved an "Addendum to Professional Services Agreement Between The Borough of Columbia AND The Susquehanna Heritage Corporation..." for management and marketing of the borough-owned Columbia Trolley Works trolley.
As part of the agreement, the borough will provide $11,000 annually to Susquehanna Heritage "for costs associated with management of the Trolley." The breakdown of anticipated annual costs is as follows:
- Trolley Management: $4,000
- On-Board Interpretation - (Trolley Guides-formerly known as volunteers), two part-time positions: $4,000.
- Support costs: (Equipment, signs, brochures, insurance, miscellaneous): $2,000.
- SHC Administrative Support: (Accounting, Personnel Management, etc.): $1,000
Excerpts from the agreement:
- Trolley Maintenance: The borough shall ensure that the trolley is maintained and operated in a manner that complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations relating to its operation, including licenses and other requirements of the public utility commission and/or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Costs associated with maintaining and fueling the Trolley are the sole responsibility of the borough. The Borough shall maintain and fuel the Trolley so that it is readily available for use year-round, including maintaining a fully functional heat and air conditioning system. The Borough shall immediately inform Susquehanna Heritage of any mechanical or other issues that prevent the Trolley from operating. The Trolley shall be housed and maintained by the Borough at a location to be determined by the Borough.
- Scheduling and staffing: The Borough shall be responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, supervising, and compensating employees assigned to drive and maintain the Trolley. All such employees shall be employees of the Borough and not employees of Susquehanna Heritage... It shall be the responsibility of the Borough Manager to handle any personnel issues relating to Borough employees and the Trolley operation.
The complete document can be found HERE.