Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Crews battle second fire in as many days

Fire crews responded to a fire Tuesday afternoon at about 4:30 at 833 Houston Street to find flames showing through several windows. Firefighters from Columbia, Mount Joy, Wrightsville, Maytown, and Marietta battled the fire for well over an hour in humid conditions.  Although occupants of the residence were displaced by fire and subsequently helped by the Red Cross, those on the adjacent side of the duplex were able to reoccupy. As with Monday's fire on the 700 block of Locust Street, the fire was caused by unattended cooking in the kitchen of the residence. Belfor Property Restoration secured the property with plywood on doors and windows. The house is owned by Israel Weiss of BHI Properties at 254 Locust Street.































6 comments: